THE ARC OF DUTCHESS ANNOUNCES RECIPIENTS OF THE
The Arc of Dutchess, an organization that supports nearly 1,000 people with disabilities in Dutchess County, will recognize nine local individuals and organizations working to make Dutchess County a more inclusive place through its annual Celebration of Stars awards ceremony. The event will take place on September 26, 2019 at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase at crowdrise.com/celebration-of-stars.
“This year’s impressive award recipients are the true heroes of our community, working behind the scenes to make opportunities available for people of all abilities,” said Crys McCuin, executive director of The Arc of Dutchess. “We are excited to applaud their humility, dedication and incredible commitment to those of all abilities. Each of them embodies the spirit of inclusivity that makes Dutchess County so unique.”
The 2019 awardees include:
2019 CELEBRATION OF STARS AWARD HONOREES
Nine individuals/organizations recognized for their commitment to creating an inclusive tomorrow for Dutchess County
The event, sponsored by Tompkins Mahopac Bank, William G. Miller & Sons Funeral Home, Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office, CIA Security/Doyle Industries, and Gabrielle “Gabe” Canino (in honor of Jane H. Canino), is also supported by year-long sponsors of The Arc of Dutchess: Rose & Kiernan, Commercial Coverage, Inc., Mutual of America, Royal Carting Service Company, Nuvance Health (formerly Health Quest), Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Bank of Millbrook, and Safeco Alarm Systems. Filomena Fanelli, founder and CEO of Impact PR & Communications will emcee the program and awards ceremony. Congratulatory and promotional ads are also available for purchase by visiting the event website. To learn more, please contact Sarah Weikel at (845) 635-8084 (ext. 21171) or by email at email@example.com.
About The Arc of Dutchess
As one of the region’s largest non-profit organizations devoted to people with disabilities and their families, The Arc of Dutchess in Poughkeepsie, New York, serves almost 1,000 people with disabilities and their families through clinical therapies and habilitation programs, along with vital services related to residential support, respite and other family resources, student and parent assistance in the transition from school to adulthood, educational advocacy and guardianship, plus recreation and youth programs. For information visit The Arc of Dutchess at www.arcdutchess.org.
- Katherine Seckler of the Brookmeade Community, with the Sarah Studler “Smile” Award, sponsored by Atlantic, Tomorrows Office
- Jadelyn Panko, with the Kenny Dixon “Spirit” Award, sponsored by Dutchess County Community College
- Rachel Lafreniere of Wappingers Central School District, with the Katz Volunteer Award, sponsored by Nevill and Karen Smythe
- Brian Gelb of The Arc of Dutchess, with the Mimi Stambrook Award, sponsored by Peter Stambrook
- The Harney Family of Harney & Sons Fine Teas, with the Bessie Payne Award, sponsored by Tompkins Mahopac Bank
- Alma Gibson of The Arc of Dutchess, with the Rising Star Award, sponsored by The Arc of Dutchess Legacy Society
- Dr. Ellen Gambino, with the Peggy Martinko Trailblazer Award, sponsored by The Martinko Family
- Matt & Lynn MacDonald, with the Frank Pessia Memorial Award
- The Supernova Award, sponsored by William G. Miller & Sons Funeral Home, is a newly created award to honor a volunteer/employee’s extraordinary commitment to the agency. The honoree will be announced at the event.