The Alzheimer’s Association is the voluntary health agency dedicated to eliminating Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders through the advancement of research and to enhancing care and support services for all affected. The Walk Manager reports to the VP of Marketing & Development, and recruits volunteers and manages the Alzheimer's Association's signature event, Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
* Assists in the chapter’s attainment of its financial goals by managing and implementing the Alzheimer’s Association’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s fundraiser in Dutchess/Ulster Counties, and in Putnam County.
* Establishes WTEA overall and individual goals, in consultation with the management team and walk managers, and manages metrics for their Walk events. Works with VP of Marketing & Development, and the development team to achieve the Chapter’s Strategic Implementation Plan goals.
* Implements Alzheimer's Association WTEA best practices. Creates event timelines and production schedules for the Dutchess/Ulster Walks and Putnam Walk to End Alzheimer’s events, including kickoff and wrap-up activities, outreach and communications, according to best practices.
* Coordinates all activities with the Walk Managers for Orange/Sullivan, Rockland and Westchester counties.
* Works collaboratively with these Walk Managers according to Alzheimer’s Association Walk standards.
* Works in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Relations to create a WTEA sponsor proposal and to secure corporate teams.
* Recruits extensive Walk committee, and works with the Chairs and the committees on the DC/UC and PC WTEA. Attends select WTEA team fundraisers for these walks.
* Ensures that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events. Recognizes, rewards, and motivates successful volunteers to ensure ongoing commitment.
* Engages in community outreach in Dutchess, Putnam and Ulster by cultivating new and existing donors, participants and volunteers for the WTEA.
* Grows number of Walk teams by recruiting community, family and corporate teams.
* Organize and support logistics, retain vendors and work within the yearly Walk budget to achieve a Walk Event Experience.
* Works with brand manager (Communications Manager) to ensure all collateral, promotional, and incentive materials are on brand and appropriate.
* Has a team player approach.
* Supports Mission Goals.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and Chapter Standards of the Alzheimer’s Association.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree and experience working with volunteers. Prior related work experience, preferably in sales or event fundraising in a nonprofit setting. Previous mass-market event experience in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
* Dedication to achieving aggressive goals
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills; ability to cold call, grow local business contacts and build effective business relationships to increase visibility, brand awareness, volunteers, and revenue.
* Ability to work independently on projects, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
* Ability to coach, develop, and motivate volunteers.
* Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
* Ability to be a strong team member.
* Taking action to promote a positive team climate.
* Taking responsibility to contribute to the success of the team.
* Being flexible about working on team tasks
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel, and with social media.
* Valid New York State driver’s license.
Other: This is a full-time, salaried position based in Poughkeepsie, NY in Dutchess County. There will also be some travel within the chapter to any of our other six counties. It comes with a full range of benefits, including great colleagues and a happy and busy working environment. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but this job will not only occur during normal office hours. Some weekend and evening meetings and events will be required and working hours can be flexible. Click here to apply.