The Children's Home of Poughkeepsie has been caring for children throughout the Hudson Valley for over 170 years! We strive to improve the lives of at-risk youth and are looking for individuals, such as you, to help fulfill our mission.
We are holding a CAREER FAIR on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 from 1:00pm - 7:00pm. Walk ins are welcome but an appointment is preferred. In order to speed up your interview process please message/email your resume to the contact information below.
We have immediate openings for Youth Counselor Positions. All positions are full time and include an excellent comprehensive benefit package including; weekly pay, low cost health, dental and vision insurance, 4 weeks' vacation, Education Assistance Program, Employee Referral Program, Retirement Plan and much more!
Youth Counselors/Direct Support Professionals supervise and instruct residents in the activities of daily living, including personal care, care of the living space and their personal property, meal time activities, community and school activities, and general recreation. Seeking applicants for full time positions able to work evenings and weekends (all shifts). Previous child welfare experience preferred.
Please ensure you meet our minimum requirements!
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; advanced degree or certification preferred.
• Capable of vigorous physical activity, active participation in recreation, and the physical crisis intervention program of the agency.
• Positive, friendly, therapeutic, attitude toward children.
• Valid New York State Driver’s License with a good driving record, as determined by the Agency