Business Development Manager – NDSO Build Back Better
Position Description: The Northern Dutchess Symphony Orchestra (NDSO) is seeking an energetic and creative person to have overall responsibility for the NDSO “Build Back Better” program. The person will focus on post-COVID-19 activities to re-establish and grow our relationships and revenue with our patrons and local businesses that will support us for the future. All candidates should have proven fundraising and communications skills, and leadership and management experience.
Fundraising & Communications:
Leadership & Management:
- Expand local and extended revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and fund innovative and diverse programming.
- Maintain existing major donors support and significantly grow financial support from both major donors, regional funders and existing community support.
- Support board members in the process of building relationships with significant donors. Develop new relationships through face-to-face and remote communications with potential orchestra sponsors.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to virtual and streaming options with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to find new opportunities.
- Actively engage and energize Northern Dutchess Symphony Orchestra board members, volunteers, key stakeholders, partnering organizations, and major contributors and funders. Develop a deep understanding of the organization and its business objectives
- Use that knowledge to develop strategies and plans for growing our community support through individual donations to the orchestra.
- Provide support and recommendations to the co-chair leaders of the Friends of NDSO with the objective of dramatically growing the size of that organization.
- Develop new programs to get members of the Friends of NDSO involved in the ongoing activities of the orchestra as volunteers at NDSO events and orchestra “ambassadors” in the community.
- Advanced degree preferred, ideally an MBA, or MFA with at least 5 years of leadership experience and a track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Extensive knowledge of the business community in Dutchess County and the surrounding area.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of a small not-for-profit.
To apply, please respond to email@example.com with:
Application Deadline: open until filled
The Northern Dutchess Symphony Orchestra was formed in 2006 to bring live orchestral music to northern Dutchess County and the surrounding Hudson Valley area. Now in its sixteenth season, the orchestra offers the best possible live performances of classical music at family-affordable prices. Since the beginning, the orchestra has been conducted by Kathleen Beckmann who also serves as artistic director.
For more information about NDSO, visit https://www.ndsorchestra.org/
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.