• Bilingual Youth Counselors & Overnight Youth Counselors

    Posted: 09/03/2019

    The Children's Home of Poughkeepsie has been caring for children throughout the Hudson Valley for over 171 years! We strive to improve the lives of at-risk youth and are looking for individuals, such as you, to help fulfill our mission.

    We are currently seeking Youth Counselors to work in our Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) Program. Duties include but are not limited to, general child-caring responsibilities for daily living in the UAC Program, including recreation, light housekeeping, personal care, meal time, community and school activities.

    FIRST, SECOND AND OVERNIGHT SHIFT AVAILABLE. Since we are caring for youth 24/7/365, evening and weekend work is required for all positions. All positions are full-time!


    Essential: (Required)

    • Must be at least 21 years of age.
    • Bilingual in English and Spanish
    • High School Diploma or equivalent.
    • Capable of vigorous physical activity, active participation in recreation, and the physical crisis intervention program of the agency at all times.
    • Capable, at all times, of evacuating the children in an emergency via all primary and secondary exits.
    • Positive, friendly attitude toward children.
    • Valid New York State Driver's License with good driving record as determined by the Agency.

    The Children's Home offers an outstanding benefit package which includes medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403(b), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and a great work environment! Paid time off includes 4 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days, 11 holidays and 9 sick days annually.

    If you are considering a career in child welfare, why not start today by applying at The Children's Home!

    *The Children's Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*

    *The Children's Home participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the form I-9.

  • Member News

    Click any news headline to read more.
    Member News is Powered by Integrated Enterprise Solutions, Inc.