Assist in the implementation of a company-wide communications network for the client. The network consists of a 60 node microwave/ fiber optic core MPLS router backbone interconnecting 2000+ wireless Field Area Network routers to support all company critical communications. It is expected this candidate will play a large role in the configuration and maintenance of the back haul network and the wireless Field Area Network.
Knowledge of basic power industry standards including SCADA, Protective Relaying, DA, AMI, two way radios, VOIP and VMWare is preferred.
Proven competency and applicable work experience managing MPLS, VPLS and VRF is required.
- Measures system performance and recommends system reinforcements
- Determines the communication network standards and specifications
- Responsible for problem resolution with the hardware and software including but not limited to communications, networks, computers, operating systems software, network monitoring system software and firewall management.
- Manages the communication network security, controls, backup and disaster recovery plans
- Assist in the management of fiber optic cable installation projects on transmission and distribution system
- Manage, monitor and support MPLS WAN and Wireless FAN including multiple NMS.
- Review ongoing and completed tasks against established norms
- Frequent site visits to supervise installations or obtain needed information
- Originate, correct and update drawings of various communications equipment for leased sites and substations
- Support end to end circuit testing using provided equipment and analyze test results
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field required
- 5+ years experience in fiber optic, microwave or wireless router installations
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Visio. CAD experience preferred
- The ability to work individually or as part of a group
- Well organized and detail oriented
- A valid driver’s license
- All offsite locations require proper PPE, some sites are high voltage substations
- It is estimated 75% of the time will be spent at off-site facilities
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.