JOB TITLE Consumer Services and Tourism Programs Manager
REPORTS TO President & CEO
Under the general supervision of the president & CEO, the Consumer Services and Tourism Programs Manager position will oversee consumer services to attract visitors to Dutchess County, including facilitating all aspects of participating in domestic travel and trade shows. Additionally, this position will manage special programs, including hospitality training programs, educational workshops, and other tourism business support activities.
- Facilitate all aspects of Dutchess Tourism’s attendance at consumer trade shows, in and out of state, which may include New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Springfield, Washington D.C. or others. Responsibilities include handling booth registrations, tracking invoices and payments, attending shows, and overseeing lead retrieval, transportation, and shipping of materials. These happen primarily in Q1.
- Solicit and manage travel show partnerships. Manages lead sharing with Dutchess Tourism partners.
- Create giveaway packages with partners and track donated services for media contests, trade shows, advertising, and promotional programs.
- Attend and table at business and community events as needed to provide tourism information.
Administrative & Other Tasks
- Manage the Certified Tourism AmbassadorTM (CTA) Training Program in partnership with vendor. Conduct in-person training sessions. Track certification status and annual re-certification activities of participants.
- Manage ongoing engagement and networking opportunities for CTAs
- Manage the Guest Services Gold Tourism training program in partnership with vendor. Conduct virtual training sessions as well as in-person as needed, and track individuals’ progress and certification status.
- Manage outreach efforts to solicit training program participants. Develop marketing plan and promotional materials for all special program efforts in collaboration with the DTI Communications team.
- Develop and utilize data, analytics, surveys, and other research tools to benchmark and evaluate hospitality workforce efforts, needs of local employers, and areas of concern for local businesses.
- Attend scholastic career fairs and local job fairs to share information about hospitality careers.
- Assist Director of Outreach & Operations with all educational programs including Lunch & Learn series and conferences.
- Work with vendor to facilitate tourism accessibility program with tourism partners. Coordinate location assessments and manage microgrant program.
- Work with President & CEO, Director of Outreach & Operations, and Board of Directors to develop an annual workforce development strategy.
- Manage workforce training portal and relevant webpage content on Dutchess Tourism’s website through CMS and Simpleview CRM.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual tracking reports on activities and effectiveness for Board of Directors and DTI funding partners in a timely, detailed, and accurate manner.
- Develop and manage annual budget for special programs and consumer services efforts.
- Contribute to team effort to answer phones and assist walk-ins when staffing is low to ensure customers receive exemplary hospitality.
- Contribute to team effort to accomplish goals and complete other tasks where needed.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of branding and messaging in all activities.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
by Monday, February 6, 2023.
- Dynamic and engaging public speaker with proven teaching skills
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong problem solver; shows initiative
- Team player; collaborative in style of work
- Positive, diplomatic, professional attitude and pleasant phone manner and customer service skills
- Excellent proof reading and oral and written communication skills: strong command of English language a must; knowledge of structure, content, grammar & punctuation.
- Written and spoken Spanish language fluency a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have valid passport or enhanced driver’s license. Willing and able to travel outside of the region using all modes of transportation including use of personal vehicle. This includes overnight stays.
- Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. with some flexibility. Some weekends and evenings required. This is primarily an on-site office location position with flexibility to attend occasional work events outside the office.
Bachelor's degree and minimum of three to five years of experience in travel and tourism, workforce, education, community engagement or closely related fields, for a public or private enterprise. Evidence of strong public speaking skills. Good analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills needed. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required. Strong knowledge of tourism assets in Dutchess. Strong knowledge of the geographic and business area layout of communities in Dutchess County. Flexibility to attend work events outside the office. Some weekends and evenings required.
Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, lifting and carrying 40 pounds, repetitive movements due primarily to computer work. All of the ergonomic requirements must be performed without significant risk of injury to oneself or others, or otherwise demonstrate or explain how one can perform essential functions listed above.