The Residence Counselor will provide activities of daily living and programming services to individuals who reside in Community Residential Programs.
Saturday & Sunday 8 am to 4 pm
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPLEMENT INCOME. PERFECT FOR RETIREES. PERFECT FOR PARA PROFESSIONALS LOOKING FOR A SECOND JOB.
Position Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
This position requires that employees are able to stand and or sit for prolonged periods of time. The employees must also be able to lift and transport the people we serve and perform all physical aspects of the job.
- Responsible for the individual’s well-being.
- Assist participants with activities of daily living, including toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, meal programs, and specialized medical needs as required.
- May administer medications and records same.
- Facilitation in the utilization of special equipment.
- Responds to changes in the individual’s condition.
- As required, we will accompany people we serve to clinic appointments, outside programming, recreation programs, etc...
- Shall be responsible for maintaining staffing ratio by being available for mandatory overtime as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Experience: 2 years related experience working with people who experience Developmental Disabilities
License: New York State Driver’s License and Agency Insurability