Join Our Dynamic Nonprofit Team!
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region
United Way Part-Time Temporary Event Consultant
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region (UWDOR) brings people and corporations together to express their philanthropic spirit by providing resources, funding and volunteer opportunities. UWDOR fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community.
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized temporary part-time event consultant to produce a peer to peer event from conception through completion in June 2022. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize an event that meets the intended goals and expectations. The applicant must have strong time management skills to facilitate a successful event. Excellent people skills are a must as this individual will be working with staff, volunteers, vendors and participants directly. The ability to multitask and prioritize logistics including participant registration, day of event catering, participation of guests, equipment rental, timeline and run of show.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overall management of event and event budget
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations as well as all partner rules and regulations
- Collaboration with Marketing to promote and publicize the event - ensure all promotional items are completed on time and that the organization uses creative methods to market the event from Guerrilla Marketing, Social Media posts and challenges, to radio PSAs and more
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attending community presentations and tabling events to promote event and encourage participation
- Developing toolkit with sample communications to be shared with Team Captains/Teams to enhance fundraising.
- Scheduling weekly planning meetings to provide updates on event timeline, task list and deadlines
- Coordinating logistics with key event partners
- Developing event day schedule that includes timed agenda for staff and volunteer arrival, set up, arrival of vendors, team pull times, food and entertainment information and event break down
- Securing event day food, drink and entertainment vendors
- Assigning staff to help recruit and support teams/individual participants and implement event
- Monitoring and providing updates on team progress to keep momentum going
- Ensuring all participants and guests are registered for event; a registration system is developed to track attendees in advance and is accessible for event day check-in
- Working with staff to purchase all event supplies including gloves, rope, hook for rope, trophies and prizes
- Recruiting and providing written roles and responsibilities to event day volunteers
- Developing parking map, and plan training for volunteers assigned to parking
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Google Docs) as well as comfort working with online donor platforms required
- Travel is required in Dutchess and Orange Counties. Must have own vehicle and driver’s license
- Lifting of boxes and equipment may be required
- All other duties as assigned