Ethan Allen is recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Mechanic in the Poughkeepsie, NY area for a well-established industrial manufacturing firm. Appropriate candidates will have 5+ years of experience working as a maintenance mechanic in an industrial manufacturing environment and have an extremely strong understanding of industrial equipment and plant maintenance.
This position offers strong compensation as our client is willing to compete for a highly skilled mechanic. This position does have overtime availability.
Senior Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Execute preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of all industrial machinery, fleet of forklifts, and automobiles
- Basic plant maintenance including plumbing, snow plowing, and manufacturing waste removal using dump trucks
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair of electrical systems in plant, machinery, and automobiles
Senior Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of industrial machinery and general preventative maintenance
- Experience with concrete saws, chainsaws, and torch-cutters
- Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints
- Intermediate soldering skills
- Ability to install appliances
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to self-manage and work independently (self-starter)
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced with tool maintenance
All skills not required to apply- our client will train the right person on necessary skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.