For the fourth consecutive year, the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Leadership Alliance (WLA) is proud to celebrate International Women’s Day. Over time, women have moved closer toward achieving equal rights. On Saturday, March 8, the WLA invites everyone to honor the achievements of women while remaining vigilant and tenacious for further sustainable change. The Hudson Valley celebration begins at 9 a.m. on the Poughkeepsie side of the Walkway Over the Hudson.
Men and women and those both young and old are encouraged to attend, as are students and groups from throughout the region. Prior to the annual walk of solidarity across the Walkway, attendees will browse tables staffed by local not-for-profits that serve women and be inspired by keynote speaker Mecca Santana, the newly appointed New York State Chief Diversity Officer. As Chief Diversity Officer, Santana is tasked with reforming and strengthening the State’s programs and efforts to encourage the growth of minority- and women-owned business enterprises, as well as advising the Governor on policies relating to workforce diversity.
The first guests to attend will receive a special handcrafted gift from Woman for Woman, a group of Cambodian women challenged with physical disabilities, while supplies last. In a country without social services, the purchase of these gifts by the WLA will support Woman for Woman for a full year.
HealthQuest, KeyBank, Ulster Savings Bank, DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota, McQuade Development, Omega Institute and Vassar College generously sponsor International Women’s Day 2014 with special thanks to the New York State Parks Department and the Walkway Over the Hudson. Shuttle buses will be provided for participants who wish to park on the Highland side of the river. Parking on the Poughkeepsie side of the river is limited. For complete information about the event and to register, visit wlahv.org.
The Women’s Leadership Alliance, supported by the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, promotes, supports and encourages the leadership, professional growth and economic success of women professionals and women business owners in the Hudson Valley and surrounding areas. For more information about the committee, visit wlahv.org.
- Forty Under 40, Headliner Awards Nominations Sought
- Annual Holiday Breakfast Set For December 17
- Kleban To Become Senior VP & COO; Cukar To MidHudson Regional Hospital
- Partnership Between Support Services For Veteran Families, Chamber Leads To Award
- Get Fit and Lean For 2015
- Pokalsky To Speak On New York Business In 2015 at November Breakfast
- Support County Executive Molinaro’s call to state leaders for NO NEW MANDATES
- Celebrate Charlie North on December 4th
- Chamber, Poughkeepsie City Schools Open Career Action Center
- Scaffold Law, Other Legislation To Be Discussed at October Breakfast