For the fourth consecutive year, the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Leadership Alliance (WLA) is proud to celebrate International Women’s Day. Over time, women have moved closer toward achieving equal rights. On Saturday, March 8, the WLA invites everyone to honor the achievements of women while remaining vigilant and tenacious for further sustainable change. The Hudson Valley celebration begins at 9 a.m. on the Poughkeepsie side of the Walkway Over the Hudson.
Men and women and those both young and old are encouraged to attend, as are students and groups from throughout the region. Prior to the annual walk of solidarity across the Walkway, attendees will browse tables staffed by local not-for-profits that serve women and be inspired by keynote speaker Mecca Santana, the newly appointed New York State Chief Diversity Officer. As Chief Diversity Officer, Santana is tasked with reforming and strengthening the State’s programs and efforts to encourage the growth of minority- and women-owned business enterprises, as well as advising the Governor on policies relating to workforce diversity.
The first guests to attend will receive a special handcrafted gift from Woman for Woman, a group of Cambodian women challenged with physical disabilities, while supplies last. In a country without social services, the purchase of these gifts by the WLA will support Woman for Woman for a full year.
HealthQuest, KeyBank, Ulster Savings Bank, DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota, McQuade Development, Omega Institute and Vassar College generously sponsor International Women’s Day 2014 with special thanks to the New York State Parks Department and the Walkway Over the Hudson. Shuttle buses will be provided for participants who wish to park on the Highland side of the river. Parking on the Poughkeepsie side of the river is limited. For complete information about the event and to register, visit wlahv.org.
The Women’s Leadership Alliance, supported by the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, promotes, supports and encourages the leadership, professional growth and economic success of women professionals and women business owners in the Hudson Valley and surrounding areas. For more information about the committee, visit wlahv.org.
- Chamber, Journal to host Poughkeepsie mayoral candidate forum
- Seminar set on solarizing
- Hudson Valley Young Professionals to host networking event
- Women's Leadership Alliance to host Day at Omega
- August Contact Breakfast to focus on Hudson Valley's recent economic development
- Networking, Chamber Foundation fundraiser coming up at Dutchess Stadium on August 5
- 25th Hudson Valley Balloon Festival to feature record 25 balloons July 10-12, 2015
- Breakfast features announcement of ‘Balloon Tycoon,’ presentation on upcoming regional casino
- Floating Business Break held June 24
- Youth Leadership Program participants honored