For the fourth consecutive year, the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Leadership Alliance (WLA) is proud to celebrate International Women’s Day. Over time, women have moved closer toward achieving equal rights. On Saturday, March 8, the WLA invites everyone to honor the achievements of women while remaining vigilant and tenacious for further sustainable change. The Hudson Valley celebration begins at 9 a.m. on the Poughkeepsie side of the Walkway Over the Hudson.
Men and women and those both young and old are encouraged to attend, as are students and groups from throughout the region. Prior to the annual walk of solidarity across the Walkway, attendees will browse tables staffed by local not-for-profits that serve women and be inspired by keynote speaker Mecca Santana, the newly appointed New York State Chief Diversity Officer. As Chief Diversity Officer, Santana is tasked with reforming and strengthening the State’s programs and efforts to encourage the growth of minority- and women-owned business enterprises, as well as advising the Governor on policies relating to workforce diversity.
The first guests to attend will receive a special handcrafted gift from Woman for Woman, a group of Cambodian women challenged with physical disabilities, while supplies last. In a country without social services, the purchase of these gifts by the WLA will support Woman for Woman for a full year.
HealthQuest, KeyBank, Ulster Savings Bank, DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota, McQuade Development, Omega Institute and Vassar College generously sponsor International Women’s Day 2014 with special thanks to the New York State Parks Department and the Walkway Over the Hudson. Shuttle buses will be provided for participants who wish to park on the Highland side of the river. Parking on the Poughkeepsie side of the river is limited. For complete information about the event and to register, visit wlahv.org.
The Women’s Leadership Alliance, supported by the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, promotes, supports and encourages the leadership, professional growth and economic success of women professionals and women business owners in the Hudson Valley and surrounding areas. For more information about the committee, visit wlahv.org.
- County’s tourism growth highlighted at Dutchess Chamber’s August breakfast
- Dutchess Chamber, Foundation hires, promotes staffers
- State Comptroller DiNapoli to address Chamber members, guests
- Dutchess Chamber announces opposition of Town of Red Hook’s proposed zoning law
- Get tickets in advance for Hudson Valley Hot-Air Balloon Festival, July 8-10, 2016
- Hudson Valley KidVenture coming to downtown Poughkeepsie in 2017
- The Chamber Foundation, Inc. presents nearly $50,000 in scholarships
- Leadership Dutchess & Abilities First team up for renovation project
- Chamber to host ‘80s throwback-themed networking event at Floating Business Break
- The Chamber Foundation to award scholarships, unveil 2017 event at Breakfast