If you’re an entrepreneur interested in starting a new business or having a better plan to execute a current endeavor then you can’t afford to miss the 2014 Small Business Institute presented by the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce on Saturday, January 25 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Poughkeepsie Public Library District’s Auditorium located at 105 Market Street in Poughkeepsie. McQuade Development proudly sponsors this event.
This daylong seminar will include presentations from SCORE, SBDC, the Library District’s Public Computer Center, and accomplished business leaders in the community touching on all the pertinent topics any new business owner needs to know in order to prosper in the current business climate. Included will be information on business plans, franchising, social media and available resources right here in the Hudson Valley.
Participants will also have ample time to explore the historic Adriance Memorial Library during the scheduled lunch break, at which time everyone is encouraged to bring a packed lunch or visit one of Poughkeepsie’s many fine restaurants within walking distance. To register for this event, visit dcrcoc.org. Small Business Institute is complimentary for Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce members; it costs just $25 for interested non-members. Parking is available free of charge at The Auditorium. For more information, contact Loren at 845-454-1700 ext. 1000.
- October breakfast to feature forum with mayoral candidates
- Chamber teams with Poughkeepsie Journal, United Way for Make a Difference Day
- Work Local First Job Fair set for September 30
- Business Institute to offer comprehensive sales training
- Cell phone drive to benefit The Chamber Foundation, Inc.
- September breakfast to feature County Executive forum
- Two Chamber Foundation scholarships available
- Chamber, Journal to host Poughkeepsie mayoral candidate forum
- Seminar set on solarizing
- Hudson Valley Young Professionals to host networking event